Santa Clara Family Health Plan Blanca Alvarado Community Resource Center
Named after a local community leader and social justice advocate, the Santa Clara Family Health Plan (SCFHP) Blanca Alvarado Community Resource Center is a convenient, welcoming, and safe space committed to advancing the health of SCFHP members and East San José residents. The Center collaborates with safety-net agencies to offer community-responsive and culturally competent health and wellness programs and helps connect residents to resources.
Where will the SCFHP CRC be located?
We are located at 408 North Capitol Avenue, in the Capitol Square Mall at North Capitol Avenue and McKee Road in San Jose.
What services are provided at the SCFHP Blanca Alvarado CRC? Are services only available to SCFHP members?
Due to COVID-19, the Center is currently offering limited services by appointment only. We have services available to both residents and SCFHP members. Services include:
Free application assistance for Covered CA from our Community Health Workers who are friendly, bilingual, and certified enrollment counselors
- Learn about your choices for free or low-cost health care coverage programs.
- Get help with enrollment and renewal applications.
- Get answers to your questions and get help submitting required documentation.
Access to Community Resources & Services by knowledgeable staff
- Visit the center if you need help finding local community resources and services including food, housing, and health.
- Get connected and attend workshops, classes, or trainings offered by our community partners.
To schedule an appointment with a Community Health Worker, call the Center at 1-408-874-1750.
Free health education and fitness classes
- Attend one of our wellness classes that help promote healthy and active lifestyles. Our health education and fitness classes are unique, fun, informative, interactive, and FREE!
SCFHP member orientation
- Learn about SCFHP benefits and services and how to use them.
- Get information on where and how to get care if you are an SCFHP member.
Coming Soon: In-person customer service for SCFHP members
- Choose a doctor.
- Make an appointment.
- Get a free ride to your health appointments.
Coming Soon: Access to care coordination for SCFHP members
- Eligible SCFHP members can get Case Management support to help with specific health care needs.
- Learn how to access social service assistance and community resources for housing, food, bills, and more!
Can I visit the SCFHP Blanca Alvarado CRC?
The Center is open by appointment only. Click here to visit our events calendar, see what is scheduled, and reserve your spot. For application assistance, call 1-408-874-1750
How does the SCFHP Blanca Alvarado CRC support community-based organizations?
The Center is an inclusive space where community-based organizations and local agencies can host workshops, conduct classes, meet with clients privately, and/or offer trainings. Contact Mike Gonzalez, Manager, SCFHP Blanca Alvarado Community Resource Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
What is SCFHP doing to ensure visitor safety?
As our SCFHP Blanca Alvarado CRC opens, we want all visitors to know that our services and programs will operate with safeguards in place to protect our community. We will be following Santa Clara County COVID-19 and CDC guidelines. Masks are required for staff and visitors.
All our safety measures align with recommendations from public health officials to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
Temperature kiosks: Upon entrance, all site visitors will undergo thermal scanning to check for fever. Those with fevers will not be permitted to enter for the safety of others.
Masks are required: All staff will be required to wear face masks covering noses and mouths at all times. We also ask that all visitors wear masks while inside the Center.
Social distancing and reduced capacity: Signage and distance markers will be used to ensure social distancing when inside the Center, and capacity will be limited.
Cleaning procedures: We clean daily. We will be following disinfecting protocol and scheduling both spot and daily cleanings throughout the day.
Have questions or feedback regarding the SCFHP Blanca Alvarado Community Resource Center?
Fill out the form below and the information will be sent to our SCFHP Blanca Alvarado CRC team.